Saturday, June 4, 2011

Let the fun begin!

As this summer began I knew that our family needed a summer that would melt away the troubles, hardships, and emotions of the 2010-2011 School Year.  So, what did I decide to do? 

Yes, plan (what I am best at).

I wanted our summer plans to focus on being a family and doing things that we all loved and enjoyed.  First I thought of kiddo...being 2 1/2 years old he would need things that entertained him, engaged his 2.5 second attention span, and that gave him new and exciting things to do.  Second, I thought of Jesus....he is usually up for anything (thanks honey for being so flexible with your sometimes OCD prepared wife), but I knew there were a couple of things he was really wanting to do.  Lastly, as any good mom does...I thought about what I wanted to do this summer.

So, I wrapped up the school year, said goodbye to the students who blossomed and grew in my class, and focused on the task at hand....SUMMER!!

Item #1 on our list was Elitches.  Knowing that next summer our family is going on a family reunion to Disneyland we needed to prepare.  Our son has NEVER been on any kind of amusement park rides (I mean come on, he's only 2 1/2) so we thought Elitches would be a good stepping stone to next years 1000+ adventures at Disneyland.  So, we bought season passes and planned 4-8 trips to Elitches over the course of this summer.  We want to expose our little man to rides, the crowds, waiting in line, and the water park.

Item #2 on our list was Red Rocks.  Thanks to Laura (a friend from the district) we were turned on to Films on the Rocks at Red Rocks.  I have lived here in Colorado my whole life and have NEVER heard of these events...I guess I've been under a rock...so I checked it out and fell in love with the idea.  We bought tickets for Footloose in June, Top Gun in July, and Jurassic Park in August.  Should be fun!

Item #3 on our list was swimming lessons for Jesus and kiddo.  Kiddo took similar lessons last summer and it really helped him to become more comfortable in the water and in the bath tub.  We are hoping that this summer will get his excitement level up for not only the bathtub and local swimming pools, but for both Elitches water park and Glenwood Springs.  Jesus never learned how to swim (his town in Mexico was land locked...no ocean in sight) so he is taking a class on water comfort and then on swimming.

Lastly, Item #4 on our list were fillers.  Things we would do when we are not doing the above 3 items.  These things include spending time with friends, hiking/walking, going to the Zoo with our friends The Johnston's, focusing on our relationship, working (at my 2nd job at Master Jewelers), and much more.

We are so looking forward to this summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment